Okay, so other than the inevitable difference in hair color, the year of 22 was a big year for me. I finally moved out of my parent’s place, I adopted TWO cats, I started this blog, I started seeing a counselor, I changed my major in school, added a minor, and much more.
I know I’m a little late in posting this, considering my birthday was May 16th (oops), but better late than never, right? I’m on summer break (my last real summer break ever), I passed all my classes Spring term, and so now I have more free time to post! Yay!
I thought it’d be fun to round-up 22 things I learned at the age of 22. Now, some of these are meant to be light-hearted, but I also made sure to think of some that were real-life takeaways.
- Everyone should see a counselor/therapist.
- Refine who you surround yourself with (aka people who actually make you happy and bring out the best in you… people who make you grow).
- Stop bleaching your hair!!!
- Being a cat mom is the best thing ever.
- Credit cards are bad… like, very bad. If you aren’t convinced, I suggest reading Dave Ramsey’s “Total Money Makeover.”
- Prioritize yourself even when it’s hard.
- I can’t ice skate. LOL.
- Loneliness is temporary.
- My sister is my best friend.
- Take more risks.
- John Mayer’s “New Light” music video is probably the funniest music video I’ll watch.
- I have an obsession with sausage egg McMuffins from McDonald’s.
- If someone throws up in your car while you’re Uber-ing them, make sure to take a picture as proof (because you won’t get compensated for it otherwise).
- Watching a human give birth is one of the craziest things you’ll ever experience.
- Watching the movie “Five Feet Apart” will make you cry so hard you throw up on your kitchen floor (yes, this really happened).
- When in Seattle (or really anywhere), make sure you pay attention to where you’re parking (aka don’t park in front of a fire hydrant because your car will get towed…).
- Always have a spare pair of hoop earrings in case you lose yours (I have five back-ups of the same pair).
- Spotify is in fact better than Apple Music.
- Treat yourself with the same kindness you do others.
- There’s a difference between someone being too busy or just not making time for you.
- Americanos are actually okay.
- You’re never going to move on from something in life if you don’t forgive someone (even if they don’t deserve it).
Alright, well that’s it for my “22 Things I learned at 22” list. I hope some of these made you laugh, or smile, or reflect. I love y’all!
Yours truly, Clare